This exercise makes use of readily available materials, found around the home, and requires a minimal outlay.
- Dala Craft Glue
- Dala Craft Paint (We used Blue # 7, Lime # 29, Yellow # 4, Magenta # 11 and Orange # 3)
- Dala Fabric Liner (optional)
- Tin Foil
- An old egg box
- Smooth round twigs
- Tin lids
- Old Newspaper
- Glue Gun (optional)
- Paint Brush # 6
- Crimps (available from bead shops)
- An old pair of scissors
- A pair of pliers
- Bread knife
TIP: YOU CAN USE A GLUE GUN TO SECURE THE TWINE, THEREBY SPEEDING UP THE PROCESS.
- Tin Lid: Using an old pair of scissors, cut the tin lids to the required size. Apply Dala Craft Glue to the tin lid and wrap the twine onto the lid until it is covered. Allow to dry and repeat the process on the other side.
- Tin Foil Ball: Form an old piece of tin foil into a ball. Apply Dala Graft Glue to the ball and wrap with twine. Allow to dry.
- Cork Daisy: Slice the corks into 5mm segments. Arrange and glue together in a daisy shape. Using Dala Craft Glue and twine, wrap discs large enough to cover each segment of the daisy. Allow to dry and glue onto the daisy. Repeat on the opposite side.
- Egg Box Drops: Cut two egg cups from your egg box and trim the excess off neatly. Using old newspaper, stuff the egg cups for reinforcement. Glue the two parts together to form a drop shape. Wrap the drop with twine.
- Godís Eye: Using two twigs, each 10 cm in length, cut a notch in the center of both twigs and glue together, forming
a cross shape. Secure the twine to the center of the cross, using glue, and allow to dry. Wrap the twine around the cross shape in a weaving pattern (i.e. around the first stick and over the top to the second stick; around the second stick and over the top to the third stick, etc.)
You can now paint creative decorations onto the twine, using Dala Craft Paint. Dala Fabric Liners can be used to add highlights.
To hang the decorations, form a loop with the gut and string on a few beads (optional). Secure the gut with the crimp, using pliers to close the crimp.