||TIN CHRISTMAS TREE DECORATIONS
Dala Glass Glaze is a water-based paint available in 15 colours. It produces
a beautiful, high-gloss, durable glass-like finish with no brush marks,
which makes it particularly popular with glass and paper maché artists. It is
also used as a decorative ceramic colour. It is adhesion promoting and will
adhere to most surfaces – even the more difficult ones such as tin and wax.
Tin-foil pie pans, available from most supermarkets
Dala Glass Glaze
Gut or String
Knitting needle or pen without ink
- Using the pen, trace the design onto tin-foil pan.
- Emboss desired areas with the knitting needle or pen without ink to create deeper
areas in which the Glass Glaze colours can be used.
Tip: Remember to press very gently onto the foil to ensure that no holes are pressed
through the foil.
- Paint the desired areas with Glass Glaze. Leave to dry for 2 – 3 hours.
Tip: The Glass Glaze bottle should never be shaken – this will only aerate the paint.
Only stir the paint gently when necessary. To ensure a perfectly smooth finish, the
Glass Glaze must be used on an absolutely level surface.
- Using the scissors cut the design out on the traced lines. You can now emboss the
decoration further around the edges, if needed.
- Make a little hole at the top of the design and form a loop with the gut and string
on a few beads.
The decorations are now ready to hang on your Christmas tree, or be creative and use
it as interesting decorations on your dinner table.