Dala Glass Glaze is a water-based paint, available in 15 colours. It produces a
beautiful durable, high gloss, glasslike finish, without any streaking. This
product is particularly popular with paper maché and glass artists.
Contact Self-Adhesive Plastic (by Sylko Clear Cover)
Dala Glass Glaze
Dala Glass Liners
A glass container and a candle to fit into it
A design to fit around the glass container. (For this project, an advent theme is used.)
Black felt tip pen
- Use the pen to trace the design onto the paper side of the self-adhesive
plastic. The design must be visible on the plastic side.
- Use the Dala Glass Liner to trace the design onto the plastic side. Allow to
dry for 2 – 3 hours.
Tip: For an effective, evenly-lined design, ensure that the liner bottle is held at a
45° angle, so that the hole of the nozzle is always visible, thereby creating a raised
and not a flat line.
- Use the Dala Glass Glaze to colour the design, working between the Glass Liner lines.
Start colouring right next to the liner and work towards the inside.
Tip: The Glass Glaze bottle should never be shaken – this will only aerate the paint.
Only stir the paint gently when necessary. To ensure a perfectly smooth finish, the Glass
Glaze must be used on an absolutely level surface. Dala Glass Glaze Clear can be used to
achieve even more see-through shades on the wings – just mix with the colour until the
desired shade is achieved.
- Use your scissors to cut out the design.
- Gently pull off the paper layer and stick onto the container.
- Place candle into container and light it. The light from the candle will light the
design beautifully from the back, creating a very special atmosphere.