|FURNITURE WAX FINISH|
- Both Dalas 'Furniture Wax Finish' and 'Craft Chalk Paint' are formulated specifically to work in conjunction with one another in order to create a distressed/ vintage effect on furniture and other pieces.
- Waxing and buffing of your painted piece will enhance the appearance and hue of the paint and, it will also provide a hard, matte, water resistant finish.
- Sanding or further distressing can take place before or after applying the Wax Finish.
- Craft Chalk Paint may be reapplied after waxing should you wish to refresh the piece or change its colour.
- It is advised that you work in a well ventilated area, especially if distressing / sanding after applying the Wax Finish.
- Use in conjunction with Dalas Craft Chalk Paint for best results.
How to use Dalas Furniture Wax Finish:
- Ensure that your painted piece has been sanded to create a suitably distressed look and that the surface is dust free.
- Apply the Wax Finish liberally with a soft cloth. The wax will appear to darken the colour of the paint.
- Soon after application, use the same soft cloth to remove excess wax from the painted surface, leaving a thin layer of the Furniture Wax Finish on for 30+ mins to be absorbed by the paint.
- Make use of a clean, soft cloth and buff the waxed surface by working in small circular motions. You will notice the sheen this produces. Continue buffing until you have achieved an even effect on the entire surface.
- The piece will be fully 'cured' after 2 - 3 days.
Clean brushes in warm, soapy water.
For indoor pieces make use of Furniture Wax Finish. If the surface / piece you have painted is to remain outdoors, it will need to be varnished.
Not suitable for wet environments.
Available Sizes / Quantities